iRobot Create® 2 Programmable Robot
Create 2 is a mobile robot platform built from remanufactured Roomba robots and designed for use by educators, developers and high-school and college-age students. Program or build your own projects or start with our sample projects provided online. Create 2 is ready to go, right out of the box, so there is no need to assemble the drive system or worry about low-level code. Other Create 2 features include:
- Serial cable sends commands from a computer or other microcontroller to the robot
- Preprogrammed behaviors can be controlled via Open Interface Commands
- Built-in sensors allow the robot to react to its environment
- Drill template on faceplate shows safe drilling areas. Removing the faceplate exposes the serial port.
- Robot returns to Home Base to dock and recharge. Rechargeable battery charges in three hours.
- Compatible with Roomba 600 Series accessories including batteries, Home Base®, remote control and Virtual Wall®
What are some of the things I can do with iRobot Create 2?
- Program movements, sounds and the LED display, as well as read all of the robot's onboard sensors
- Add an external computer or microcontroller with additional sensors and actuators to transform Create into exactly the robot you want. Add a camera to build your own camera bot!
- Use our 3D printable file to create a storage bin and ensure your additional electronics are safely housed within the robot's chassis
Package Dimensions: 18.25 x 16.75 x 5 inches
Package Weight: 11 lbs.
Robot Dimensions:13.39 inches in diameter, 3.62 inches in height
Robot Weight: 7.9 lbs.
What's In The Box:
- iRobot Create 2 Programmable Robot
- Rechargeable Battery
- Home Base
- Communication Cable
Create 2 is a remanufactured Roomba robot. Remanufactured robots are not covered under the iRobot limited warranty. Robot products purchased in North America are intended for use in North America only.